One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Those professional mineralogists, geologists, collectors, and curators lucky enough to possess the complete set have at their fingertips the critical data for those species known at the time each volume was prepared.’
- ‘More than half of Dana's published work is on geological subjects, but he was a mineralogist and a zoologist as well as a geologist.’
- ‘Also, I feel sure that professional geologists, mineralogists, and petrologists who read the booklet will see several definitions they would modify.’
- ‘Lectures will cover both species and locality mineralogy and will be presented by professional mineralogists and geologists, mining engineers, and professors.’
- ‘An audience of amateur and professional mineralogists and geologists is expected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.