One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A corticosteroid, such as aldosterone, that is involved with maintaining the salt balance in the body.
- ‘These findings indicate that a decrease in urine volume and urinary sodium excretion in glycyrrhizin-administered rats may be related to mineralocorticoid receptors.’
- ‘Consequently, fenugreek may precipitate hypokalemia when used in combination with some diuretics, laxatives, mineralocorticoids, or other hypokalemic agents.’
- ‘Diagnosing hypothyroidism or mineralocorticoid deficiency as a cause of hyponatremia requires a high index of suspicion, because the clinical signs can be quite subtle.’
- ‘The metabolic activity of glycyrrhizin has been known to resemble that of a mineralocorticoid.’
- ‘The only positive finding was orthostasis on the tilt test; a mineralocorticoid had been prescribed.’
- ‘The amount of licorice ingested daily by patients with mineralocorticoid excess syndromes appears to vary over a wide range, from as little as 1.5 g daily to as much as 250 g daily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.