One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sorghum of a drought-resistant variety that is an important grain in the central US, Africa, and Asia.
- ‘When considering last year's drought, many dryland farmers may be asking themselves ‘Should I plant milo or corn, and how much of each should I plant?’’
- ‘They will pose a problem later for milo and corn growers.’
- ‘Dryland milo yields are ranging from 20 to 110 bushels per acre with an average of 60.’
- ‘In the meantime, we are conducting trials at the Rogers Memorial Farm to determine the effect of row cleaning with earlier planted milo.’
- ‘By 1981 the total irrigated acreage had increased to 40,000 acres, and crop diversification had added alfalfa, pinto beans, corn, and milo.’
- ‘They have a 2500-acre grain operation with wheat, soybeans, corn, and milo.’
- ‘Plantings behind soybeans and corn or milo are coming slower.’
- ‘The cost of producing an acre of milo is $50 per acre less than corn.’
- ‘Most milo fields look good and haven't run out of moisture yet.’
- ‘Beans and milo are also impacted, but perhaps not as much as the corn.’
- ‘The diet was primarily finely rolled milo, with sorghum silage, soybean meal, urea, and ammonium sulfate.’
- ‘Cool nights have stalled out many milo fields and concern is mounting about whether the crop will be ready in time.’
- ‘But Schmidt still sells half of his 2,000 acres of crops - milo, irrigated corn, and beans - through NFO.’
- ‘What cereal grains other than corn, wheat, oats, milo, or barley may be available?’
- ‘‘We saw no sign of corn borers in milo fields just a few miles away from the infested ones,’ he said.’
- ‘Fed myself a bowl of hi-low milk and milo cereal.’
- ‘They sold milo in March for $4.11 per cwt., quite a bit better than $3.14 at harvest.’
- ‘The corn, milo, and soybeans are okay now, but rain will have to come within the week or losses will start to mount.’
- ‘Its elevators handle wheat, corn, soybeans, milo and sunflowers.’
- ‘Ethanol can be made from virtually any starch feedstock, such as sugar cane, wheat or milo, but most of the fuel ethanol used in the U.S. today is produced from corn and America grows a lot of corn.’
Late 19th century: from Sesotho maili.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.