One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The pool that is created by a milldam and provides the head of water that powers a water mill.
- ‘You have loyal friends who frolicked with you in the millpond in your younger days, and will stand beside you with joy when you take the throne.’
- ‘Most of the inside of the door is covered in faded photos of her and James out at the beach, at the millpond, or slurping a shared food court smoothie.’
- ‘A mill was built on a bend in the Waitotoroa River, with half an hectare nearby flooded for a millpond.’
- ‘Barely larger than a swimming pool and not as deep, the millpond is not the sort of location you would normally choose to dive.’
- ‘The road on which the Federals marched passed by the mill and was bordered on the left by millponds and swamps and on the right by a swamp that extended into the Wateree River.’
- ‘A small millpond on Faunce's property powered a bellows for the furnace that the brook is named for.’
- ‘A millpond, barn, and old stone mansion, which is furnished in a home decor, make up the campus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.