One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Stiff gray pasteboard, used for the covers of books.
- ‘It is best to keep two ploughs in use, one for the millboard cutting, and one for the edges of the books.’
- ‘Those were the days when the craft of bookbinding involved working with linen thread, webbing, animal glues, vellum, leather, millboards and handmade papers.’
- ‘The more important lightweight sketching supports in the 19th century were academy boards and millboards.’
- ‘In the early 16th century, they started to make cover cores with millboards, which were produced by gluing together sheets of paper.’
- ‘The wet mixtures for millboard, paper, and asbestos-cement products are prepared in a beater, as used in paper mills.’
- ‘After and during forming, the millboard sheet is compressed to give it uniform thickness and to consolidate it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.