One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is indecisive and lacks courage.
namby-pamby, coward, weakling, milquetoastView synonyms
- ‘Any chance they have to portray a male opponent as a milksop, they do it.’
- ‘Since there are few lawyers without sin it will be more and more difficult, as a result of congressional hearings, to appoint anyone but a moronic milksop.’
- ‘He didn't want to be such a milksop, but he hoped it wouldn't happen again.’
- ‘You are a milksop; your heart is full of guilt for this.’
- ‘You let your milksop of a brother handle the interrogation?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.