One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large active silvery fish of the Indo-Pacific region, farmed for food in Southeast Asia and the Philippines.
- ‘Only divers knew that these were actually big shoals of milkfish that cruised off-shore.’
- ‘Local fishermen report spotting species like the milkfish, which is rarely found near such small islands.’
- ‘There's this mythical fish, you see, called a milkfish.’
- ‘The Council of Agriculture yesterday urged that annual domestic production of milkfish should not exceed 40,000 tonnes in order to maintain reasonable prices and profits.’
- ‘The Shark Observatory at Ras Mohammed is a viewpoint on a high promontory from where, years ago, visitors could view large shoals of milkfish with their dorsal fins breaking the surface.’
- ‘Furthermore, there is evidence for spontaneous thrombus formation in skipjack and yellowfin tunas, as well as in milkfish.’
- ‘Kosasih said many of the dead fish were popular with consumers, including milkfish, shrimps, and rays.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.