One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cold drink made of milk, a sweet flavoring such as fruit or chocolate, and typically ice cream, whisked until it is frothy.
- ‘I refused to let Marty buy me a drink and settled for a chocolate milkshake.’
- ‘All I have to do is drink these two special milkshakes for breakfast and lunch, eat a proper dinner at the end of the day and soon I will be glorious.’
- ‘Everyone else agreed to this, so they went back to the hotel café and ordered some chocolate and vanilla milkshakes and a basket of donuts to eat.’
- ‘On medical day, just to make sure, he also drank seven milkshakes on his way to the appointment.’
- ‘I learned to eat toast without jam, salads without dressings, even milkshakes without ice cream.’
- ‘They were each attempting to suck their incredibly thick chocolate milkshakes through the straw.’
- ‘Easter break was welcomed by me as much as I welcome strawberry flavoured banana milkshakes with ice cream, which is a lot.’
- ‘Avoid preparing or drinking milkshakes in your house.’
- ‘Many of us reach for comfort foods or something with milk like mac and cheese in the winter and ice-cream or milkshakes in the summer.’
- ‘Certain products such as yogurt, milkshakes and ice cream may rely on aspartame for sweetness.’
- ‘My conflicting impressions are further entrenched when he orders a beer followed by a chocolate milkshake.’
- ‘So long as they were strawberry or pineapple flavour, I could drink milkshakes for Scotland, and the thicker they came, the better.’
- ‘Aside from proteins, there are also salads, wraps, fries, onion rings, ice cream and milkshakes, as well as various combos.’
- ‘Ice cream, milkshakes and aged cheeses are easier than milk for most people with lactose intolerance, but they are high in fat.’
- ‘Serve miniature strawberry shortcakes, with pink lemonade or strawberry milkshakes in teacups.’
- ‘He said it was because he was paid to sit around and drink milkshakes all day.’
- ‘Traditionally associated with burgers, fries, milkshakes and fizzy drinks, it now also offers items such as salads and fruit.’
- ‘After that we sat together in the corner booth with milkshakes or ice-cream sodas every Saturday.’
- ‘Abbey and Josh drank their milkshakes together in the window-filled breakfast nook.’
- ‘While we eat, locals pop in for takeaway chips, milkshakes and ice cream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.