One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cold drink made of milk, a sweet flavoring such as fruit or chocolate, and typically ice cream, whisked until it is frothy.
- ‘While we eat, locals pop in for takeaway chips, milkshakes and ice cream.’
- ‘On medical day, just to make sure, he also drank seven milkshakes on his way to the appointment.’
- ‘Many of us reach for comfort foods or something with milk like mac and cheese in the winter and ice-cream or milkshakes in the summer.’
- ‘Easter break was welcomed by me as much as I welcome strawberry flavoured banana milkshakes with ice cream, which is a lot.’
- ‘After that we sat together in the corner booth with milkshakes or ice-cream sodas every Saturday.’
- ‘Everyone else agreed to this, so they went back to the hotel café and ordered some chocolate and vanilla milkshakes and a basket of donuts to eat.’
- ‘I learned to eat toast without jam, salads without dressings, even milkshakes without ice cream.’
- ‘Traditionally associated with burgers, fries, milkshakes and fizzy drinks, it now also offers items such as salads and fruit.’
- ‘He said it was because he was paid to sit around and drink milkshakes all day.’
- ‘Serve miniature strawberry shortcakes, with pink lemonade or strawberry milkshakes in teacups.’
- ‘They were each attempting to suck their incredibly thick chocolate milkshakes through the straw.’
- ‘Abbey and Josh drank their milkshakes together in the window-filled breakfast nook.’
- ‘Ice cream, milkshakes and aged cheeses are easier than milk for most people with lactose intolerance, but they are high in fat.’
- ‘Avoid preparing or drinking milkshakes in your house.’
- ‘Aside from proteins, there are also salads, wraps, fries, onion rings, ice cream and milkshakes, as well as various combos.’
- ‘I refused to let Marty buy me a drink and settled for a chocolate milkshake.’
- ‘So long as they were strawberry or pineapple flavour, I could drink milkshakes for Scotland, and the thicker they came, the better.’
- ‘My conflicting impressions are further entrenched when he orders a beer followed by a chocolate milkshake.’
- ‘All I have to do is drink these two special milkshakes for breakfast and lunch, eat a proper dinner at the end of the day and soon I will be glorious.’
- ‘Certain products such as yogurt, milkshakes and ice cream may rely on aspartame for sweetness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.