One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A routine, uneventful journey, especially by plane.
- ‘My parents booked me on the Constitution, the liner that did the milk run from New York to Cannes.’
- ‘It was supposed to be a milk run on the east side of the pass.’
- ‘Her first mission is a milk run, which I gather means it is really easy.’
- ‘While at first it looked like another milk run, it wasn't too long until something unusual happened.’
- ‘It was a milk run, meaning it was an easy mission.’
- ‘To every one's enormous relief, the first mission turns out to be a milk run - hardly any flak, not a German fighter in the sky.’
- ‘His first ride was a milk run to pick up supplies in Japan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.