One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A routine, uneventful journey, especially by plane.
- ‘It was a milk run, meaning it was an easy mission.’
- ‘His first ride was a milk run to pick up supplies in Japan.’
- ‘To every one's enormous relief, the first mission turns out to be a milk run - hardly any flak, not a German fighter in the sky.’
- ‘It was supposed to be a milk run on the east side of the pass.’
- ‘My parents booked me on the Constitution, the liner that did the milk run from New York to Cannes.’
- ‘Her first mission is a milk run, which I gather means it is really easy.’
- ‘While at first it looked like another milk run, it wasn't too long until something unusual happened.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.