One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Solid chocolate made with the addition of milk.
- ‘Weight for weight, this chocolate contains about as much sugar as milk chocolate.’
- ‘It is so good - bittersweet chocolate cake with milk chocolate filling with a light buttercream frosting.’
- ‘I am dating a wonderful young lady and just want to know what champagne I should buy to woo her, and whether dark chocolate or milk chocolate would be best.’
- ‘Among products derived from cocoa beans, cocoa powder contains the highest amount of polyphenols, followed by dark chocolate and milk chocolate.’
- ‘Thirty participants were assigned randomly to receive 100 g of white chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate.’
- ‘Melt the dark chocolate, 100g of milk chocolate, the butter and syrup together and then stir in the digestives.’
- ‘They found that volunteers had to consume twice as much milk chocolate as dark chocolate to obtain the same amount of antioxidants.’
- ‘Frederick loves pairing his floral lavender chocolate with a Pinot Noir and his delicious lime-scented milk chocolate with a crisp Pinot Gris.’
- ‘Well, yes, I had entirely forgotten the delights of the now extinct green and silver foil-wrapped biscuit, though I can instantly recall the smell of cheap milk chocolate and synthetic mint.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the milk chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, and butter and place over a double boiler until melted.’
- ‘The hollow rabbit had a layer of white chocolate covered with milk chocolate.’
- ‘What is called milk chocolate in the UK is called milk chocolate in the US, too, but many people simply refer to it as ‘chocolate’.’
- ‘Gianduja is the star chocolate attraction here, a blend of milk chocolate and hazelnuts ground until smooth then formed into a paste.’
- ‘So I wanted to find out why a chocolate-lover would prefer milk chocolate over dark chocolate.’
- ‘That's bad news for candy makers who sell milk chocolate.’
- ‘Dark chocolate, but not milk chocolate, provides similar benefits.’
- ‘Bad news: apparently this is only true for dark chocolate, not milk chocolate.’
- ‘‘Some regions of the country prefer dark chocolate and others favor milk chocolate,’ says Freeman.’
- ‘Those square layered cookies come in a pack of three, each with a layer of buttery shortcake biscuit, a layer of creamy caramel, and a layer of sweet milk chocolate to top it all off.’
- ‘Place the semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, and butter in a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place over the hot water until soft, about five minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.