One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Prosperity and abundance.
wealth, success, profitability, affluence, riches, opulence, the good life, fortune, good fortune, ease, plenty, welfare, comfort, security, well-beingView synonyms
- ‘I always heard that in the United Kingdom and the United States, you do not find any racism and what they also show you daily on television gives one the impression that these are the countries of milk and honey.’
- ‘Zambia can be turned into a land of plenty, flowing with milk and honey.’
- ‘Remember when New Zealand was the land of milk and honey?’
- ‘Millions of Poles have already made America their home over the last century and a quarter, their stories of the land of milk and honey beyond the ocean whetting the appetite of millions more who stayed behind.’
- ‘Many people in Namibia see America as a land that still flows with milk and honey, a place where they can find jobs, feed their children, and be free from the legacy of apartheid and colonialism.’
- ‘In the land of milk and honey, debt is wealth, war means peace and a dollar sailing towards hell in the proverbial hand basket is a good thing.’
- ‘This is a permanent message to foreigners that Belgium is a land of milk and honey, where they have rights but no duties.’
- ‘‘Our new approach,’ he said on Friday, ‘will be to present our independence not as a land of milk and honey but as a land of opportunity.’’
- ‘They found only metaphorical milk and honey there.’
- ‘The expectation was that the change would lead to a land that was going to flow with milk and honey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.