One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the causes and tactical principles of warfare.
- ‘They openly deprecated the principles of military science and art of war.’
- ‘I am also in favor of the academies establishing graduate courses at which all officers can aspire to master's degrees and doctorates in military history, leadership and military science.’
- ‘He also was assigned to ROTC duty at the University of Florida, where he served as one of their most successful football coaches as well as the professor of military science.’
- ‘The concluding part offers concise results of the studies of the history of military science in Russia and the Soviet Union.’
- ‘The introduction of such a coefficient will make it possible to resolve a number of as yet unresolved problems in financing military science.’
- ‘That once again confirmed the academy's system-forming role as regards officer cadre training and progress in military science and technology.’
- ‘By continuously analyzing war and warfare, their essence and content, the military science develops, acquiring new knowledge.’
- ‘But as students of military science well know, a strategic retreat is one of the most difficult maneuvers to pull off.’
- ‘It prescribes which sciences are to be studied in the city-state, and the other capacities - such as military science, household management, and rhetoric - fall under its authority.’
- ‘Unfortunately, until the second half of the 20th century, these victories were based primarily on patriotism, perseverance, and faith and ideology, not on the military science.’
- ‘He also taught military science at West Virginia University.’
- ‘The second is that, at present, PLA military science, strategy, and procurement do not seek to wage a high-tech local war but to defeat an enemy who wages high-tech local war against them.’
- ‘In the new economic conditions, the issue of financing activities in the field of military science has become very pressing.’
- ‘Just as a doctor's expertise is the study and practice of medicine, the Army professional's expertise is the study and application of military science.’
- ‘After the fall of Rome, theoretical studies on military science continued in the Byzantine empire and in the Arab world.’
- ‘The statement about the connection between officially accepted views on the structure of military science and the structure of the Defense Ministry's research organization is equally undeniable.’
- ‘Soldiers were required to resolve the problem using the principles of military science before returning the situation to political control.’
- ‘Either wait until someone generates new knowledge and makes it generally available or go into action now to advance the military science in the RF Armed Forces.’
- ‘And all the while, they must excel at ROTC studies of military science along with the summer encampments.’
- ‘One of the main lines of upgrading the military-science complex is a change in the system of financing military science.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.