One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the causes and tactical principles of warfare.
- ‘Unfortunately, until the second half of the 20th century, these victories were based primarily on patriotism, perseverance, and faith and ideology, not on the military science.’
- ‘Either wait until someone generates new knowledge and makes it generally available or go into action now to advance the military science in the RF Armed Forces.’
- ‘The statement about the connection between officially accepted views on the structure of military science and the structure of the Defense Ministry's research organization is equally undeniable.’
- ‘That once again confirmed the academy's system-forming role as regards officer cadre training and progress in military science and technology.’
- ‘He also taught military science at West Virginia University.’
- ‘One of the main lines of upgrading the military-science complex is a change in the system of financing military science.’
- ‘Soldiers were required to resolve the problem using the principles of military science before returning the situation to political control.’
- ‘It prescribes which sciences are to be studied in the city-state, and the other capacities - such as military science, household management, and rhetoric - fall under its authority.’
- ‘The second is that, at present, PLA military science, strategy, and procurement do not seek to wage a high-tech local war but to defeat an enemy who wages high-tech local war against them.’
- ‘He also was assigned to ROTC duty at the University of Florida, where he served as one of their most successful football coaches as well as the professor of military science.’
- ‘I am also in favor of the academies establishing graduate courses at which all officers can aspire to master's degrees and doctorates in military history, leadership and military science.’
- ‘By continuously analyzing war and warfare, their essence and content, the military science develops, acquiring new knowledge.’
- ‘The concluding part offers concise results of the studies of the history of military science in Russia and the Soviet Union.’
- ‘Just as a doctor's expertise is the study and practice of medicine, the Army professional's expertise is the study and application of military science.’
- ‘After the fall of Rome, theoretical studies on military science continued in the Byzantine empire and in the Arab world.’
- ‘They openly deprecated the principles of military science and art of war.’
- ‘But as students of military science well know, a strategic retreat is one of the most difficult maneuvers to pull off.’
- ‘In the new economic conditions, the issue of financing activities in the field of military science has become very pressing.’
- ‘The introduction of such a coefficient will make it possible to resolve a number of as yet unresolved problems in financing military science.’
- ‘And all the while, they must excel at ROTC studies of military science along with the summer encampments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.