One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Psychotherapy in which the patient's social environment is controlled or manipulated with a view to preventing self-destructive behavior.
- ‘The milieu therapy of the Rayonex company with its holistic vital substances combination has proved its efficiency.’
- ‘A bachelor's level milieu counselor takes the lead in implementing milieu therapy, but all staff are responsible for maintaining a therapeutic milieu.’
- ‘In this way, the client uses milieu therapy to apply his or her developing perspectives on life, work and love to the project of building a meaningful and satisfying life.’
- ‘Gerson-Therapy is a milieu therapy, but also many doctors have developed similar procedures.’
- ‘For example, as part of McLean's reform-school approach to milieu therapy she was on five-minute checks by the nurses, and when she had male visitors, the door to her room was to be kept ajar.’
- ‘The development of a strong, positive peer culture is the community goal of milieu therapy while the goal of milieu therapy for an individual student always focuses on helping him to gain insight and practice more adaptive ways of engaging the world.’
- ‘Treatment in our residential treatment program begins with milieu therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.