One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Italian city of Milan or its inhabitants.‘recognizable Milanese buildings’
- ‘The bikini reigned on the Milanese catwalks and was elegantly displayed by the most popular top models in the industry.’
- ‘He transformed the Milanese club into a business enterprise.’
- ‘The Milanese audience always responded to him with unconditional love.’
- ‘On the lake itself are the Borromeo islands which belong to a Milanese family of long lineage and high standing.’
- ‘The Milanese orchestra is a relatively new one.’
A native or inhabitant of the Italian city of Milan.‘there is a wonderful bustling atmosphere as the Milanese ponder their choices’
- ‘Even while heading home from work the Milanese both walk and dress as if they've just stepped out of a sultry Italian movie.’
- ‘The Milanese survived all attempts at reform.’
- ‘He was eventually permitted to teach privately and a great many prominent young Milanese studied with him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.