One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Russian fighter aircraft made by the MiG company.‘a MiG-15’
- ‘We kept two in Korea and although bounced by MiGs many times, we never lost one to the fighters.’
- ‘The UEAF Jackal fighters somewhat resembled Russian MiGs in that their wings angled forward instead of back.’
- ‘The initial batch of Chinese MiGs was delivered to Unlimited Aircraft Ltd. at Chino Airport in 1986.’
- ‘They are replete with the squadron posters and plaques of all the NATO fighter squadrons that have engaged the MiGs in air combat training since 1994.’
- ‘The MiG - 29 is the most modern of the Russian MiGs.’
1940s: from the initial letters of the surnames of A. I. M ikoyan and M. I. G urevich (Soviet aircraft designers), linked by Russian i ‘and’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.