Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of an average size; intermediate in size between large and small.‘a midsize pickup’
- ‘Following the success of its Small Business Server, Microsoft has launched an integrated Windows Essential Business Server for mid-sized businesses.’
- ‘Madison Cold weather didn't stop Wisconsin from packing a one-two punch among midsize cities.’
- ‘Objectively, Apple Computer is a mid-sized company with a tiny share of its primary market.’
- ‘One researcher taped 52 hours of playground activity at a midsize Toronto school.’
- ‘Not bad for a mid-size player in a rapidly shrinking industry.’
- ‘The Minister has set a precedent by calling in the consent for the Turitea wind-farm, a fairly ordinary mid-sized wind project.’
- ‘Adventure Island, located in Tampa, is a mid-sized park that caters to kids of any age.’
- ‘With more horsepower than the nearest competitor, the Aviator is an excellent value in the midsize luxury SUV category.’
- ‘One mid-sized practice working primarily in Silicon Valley claimed all their projects are modeled in 3D from start to finish.’
- ‘I recently spent time with a mid-sized supplier from the western side of Michigan, a company somewhat unique in the automotive industry.’
- ‘The multiple functions performed by Swiss automatic machines help increase production speeds for machining parts with midsized diameters.’
- ‘I asked one newspaper executive from a mid-sized Colorado daily why they didn't attach message boards to their opinion pieces online.’
- ‘In 2003-04 mid size car sales actually grew faster in percentage terms than those of compact cars.’
- ‘Enjoy luxury at sea, aboard the elegant mid-sized ships sophisticated travelers prefer.’
- ‘Ford Explorer is a mid-size Sport Utility Vehicle launched by Ford in 1991.’
- ‘It rides more like a minivan, or better yet, a mid-size sedan.’
- ‘Lost amid the jabber over what the Next Big Thing in passenger vehicles is likely to be, is the humble midsized sedan.’
- ‘A second mid-size site was never selected for the project due to a variety of difficulties.’
- ‘Highway driving range is approximately 500 highway miles on a tank of fuel, the best in the mid-size SUV class.’
- ‘For a small or even midsized company you could pretty much do without IT.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.