One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverbliterary
In the very middle or nearest the middle.
- ‘The mobile device also comprises means for identifying the midmost switch element activated by the operator.’
- ‘Now it is a fundamental principle of this world that there are three motions: a motion from the midmost point of the world, a motion toward that point, and a motion around that point.’
- ‘And the Magic Shoes carried her back to the midmost part of the meadow in a single bound.’
- ‘The western ocean was expanded eastward and a great bay was formed on the western coast of Middle-earth (the midmost continent).’
- ‘Between them and the army a cadre of priestesses in the gray robes of Elle stood, waiting, and midmost among them was a tall woman with blond hair and direct blue eyes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.