One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Areas lying between 35 and 55 (or more broadly, between 30 and 60) degrees north or south of the equator.‘mesoscaleconvective systems in the tropics and midlatitudes’
- ‘But at midlatitudes, dense clouds are relatively rare above 7 km.’
- ‘Viewed from the northern midlatitudes, Venus rises within a half hour of 4 A.M. local time throughout the winter and spring - nearly two hours before dawn's first light in January.’
- ‘Equator-to-pole gradients were uneven, however, with a broader tropical region that peaked in extent in the late Early Cretaceous and, reflecting modern climate trends, the greatest decrease in temperature occurs at midlatitudes.’
- ‘Anthropogenic depletion of the stratospheric ozone layer at the polar zone and also at earth midlatitudes is leading to considerable increment in UV-B radiation on the earth's surface.’
- ‘But the gullies typically are found at midlatitudes, where temperatures are so cold that the presence of liquid water is unlikely.’
- ‘Similar to the May 29 event, aurora were observed at midlatitudes - in both Europe and the United States.’
- ‘Thus the clear sky value at sea level in the tropics would normally be in the range 10-12 and 10 is an exceptionally high value for northern midlatitudes.’
- ‘In the past, atmospheric observations at midlatitudes were insufficient for creating the single-column and cloud-resolving models.’
- ‘It is clear that endothermy need not be evoked in order to explain apparently stable temperatures in medium-sized dinosaurs living at midlatitudes.’
- ‘The weather systems responsible for transporting heat and moisture towards Antarctica have their origins in the midlatitudes of the Southern Hemisphere or in the circumpolar trough of low pressure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.