One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The middle part of the alimentary canal, including (in vertebrates) the small intestine.
- ‘There was spiraling of the bowel around the midgut mesentery and the midgut was dusky in color.’
- ‘No nerve cells have been traced to innervate the longitudinal and circular muscle cells of the midgut.’
- ‘These grow inward and eventually fuse to form the endoderm of the midgut, while ectoderm is dragged inward behind them at each end to form the foregut and the hindgut.’
- ‘For the same purpose, the adult uses glands located in the metaepipodits of the thoracic appendages, the maxillary glands, and the midgut.’
- ‘The reproductive system is anatomically simple, and it seems that the two ovaries derive nutrition directly from the midgut, a feature also seen in freshwater chaetonotoid gastrotrichs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.