One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The middle part of the alimentary canal, including (in vertebrates) the small intestine.
- ‘There was spiraling of the bowel around the midgut mesentery and the midgut was dusky in color.’
- ‘The reproductive system is anatomically simple, and it seems that the two ovaries derive nutrition directly from the midgut, a feature also seen in freshwater chaetonotoid gastrotrichs.’
- ‘These grow inward and eventually fuse to form the endoderm of the midgut, while ectoderm is dragged inward behind them at each end to form the foregut and the hindgut.’
- ‘No nerve cells have been traced to innervate the longitudinal and circular muscle cells of the midgut.’
- ‘For the same purpose, the adult uses glands located in the metaepipodits of the thoracic appendages, the maxillary glands, and the midgut.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.