Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The middle part of the alimentary canal, including (in vertebrates) the small intestine.
- ‘For the same purpose, the adult uses glands located in the metaepipodits of the thoracic appendages, the maxillary glands, and the midgut.’
- ‘There was spiraling of the bowel around the midgut mesentery and the midgut was dusky in color.’
- ‘These grow inward and eventually fuse to form the endoderm of the midgut, while ectoderm is dragged inward behind them at each end to form the foregut and the hindgut.’
- ‘The reproductive system is anatomically simple, and it seems that the two ovaries derive nutrition directly from the midgut, a feature also seen in freshwater chaetonotoid gastrotrichs.’
- ‘No nerve cells have been traced to innervate the longitudinal and circular muscle cells of the midgut.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.