One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Or if you're middlingly unlucky, you get a roaring infection and die painfully.’
- ‘To honor you, we have arranged a performance by a middlingly talented practitioner of a genre of music that you have little to no interest in.’
- ‘A middlingly good-looking late-twenties chap like myself can't fail.’
- ‘I have a friend called Peter, a television producer of modest height, middlingly bald, a little over 40, who dresses according to no dictates other than those of his own comfort.’
- ‘It was just middlingly conceived and executed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.