One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The period from midnight to 4 a.m. on board a ship.
- ‘The change to the middle watch was done quickly and quietly and settled into the monotony of the nightwatch.’
- ‘On March 2, 1874, they almost ran into a large berg during the middle watch.’
- ‘And during one middle watch a guard on patrol in the old barracks had called down to the main gate for assistance.’
- ‘About a quarter way through the middle watch the man appeared by Styles' hammock.’
- ‘The ratings, sentries on night watch at a naval barracks, say that the ghost follows them around during the middle watch and they have protested against doing solitary duty on that watch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.