One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Middle East or its inhabitants.‘he was of Middle Eastern descent’‘spicy Middle Eastern food’
- ‘Middle Eastern spices have a strong influence on his cooking.’
- ‘The menu also includes Middle Eastern kebabs with lamb, beef or chicken.’
- ‘It's a wild night of Middle Eastern dance, music and culture.’
- ‘Middle Eastern women have historically used henna to paint designs on their hands and feet.’
- ‘As I draw near, I can smell the scent of Middle Eastern spices wafting in the wind.’
- ‘The culinary experience has been enriched with the fusion of local ingredients mixed with Middle Eastern and East Indian flavours.’
- ‘A reception and informal concert of Middle Eastern music follow the lecture.’
- ‘He was of Middle Eastern decent.’
- ‘One of the most unusual orders we have received was to supply 100 kilograms of our wild smoked salmon to the wedding reception of a Middle Eastern prince.’
- ‘When we combine reduced air travel with other forms of cutbacks in oil consumption, we will help to reduce our dependence on Middle Eastern oil and conserve the planet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.