One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Middle East or its inhabitants.‘he was of Middle Eastern descent’‘spicy Middle Eastern food’
- ‘A reception and informal concert of Middle Eastern music follow the lecture.’
- ‘When we combine reduced air travel with other forms of cutbacks in oil consumption, we will help to reduce our dependence on Middle Eastern oil and conserve the planet.’
- ‘As I draw near, I can smell the scent of Middle Eastern spices wafting in the wind.’
- ‘One of the most unusual orders we have received was to supply 100 kilograms of our wild smoked salmon to the wedding reception of a Middle Eastern prince.’
- ‘He was of Middle Eastern decent.’
- ‘It's a wild night of Middle Eastern dance, music and culture.’
- ‘Middle Eastern women have historically used henna to paint designs on their hands and feet.’
- ‘The culinary experience has been enriched with the fusion of local ingredients mixed with Middle Eastern and East Indian flavours.’
- ‘Middle Eastern spices have a strong influence on his cooking.’
- ‘The menu also includes Middle Eastern kebabs with lamb, beef or chicken.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.