One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The central area of the court for a ball game such as basketball or tennis.‘if you find yourself at midcourt, you might want to hit an overhead smash’‘with James dribbling near midcourt, Mohammed reached in to take a foul’
- ‘She is a versatile player who generally plays in midcourt but is also a proficient shooter.’
- ‘He, like his opponent, backed up his serve with forehand winners from midcourt.’
- ‘When your doubles partner is attacking from the back, you should adopt an attacking position in the midcourt.’
- 1.1 A central line bisecting the court for a ball game, especially basketball.‘the Lakers brought the ball across midcourt’
- ‘He tossed in a desperation three-pointer from just inside midcourt with 1.1 seconds left.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.