One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Then one day you put the Diet Coke back in the fridge because the Target men's room is on the other side of the cash registers, and you can't get a cart in there and certainly can't hold the tot while you micturate.’
- ‘Consequently, unnecessary things like pausing to eat or micturate are out.’
- ‘Several hours later he was admitted to the hospital unable to micturate.’
- ‘I mean, obviously, Flak is a magazine that publishes a lot of criticism, and I didn't come here to micturate upon their rug.’
- ‘On the first day after operation he fully recovered from the general anaesthetic and could micturate voluntarily.’
- ‘Not even Naftali can determine what patterns might constitute ‘suspicious’ behavior and yet he's gung-ho to micturate on the Fourth Amendment entirely on speculation.’
- ‘As a Frenchman he enjoyed micturating on the Yanks.’
- ‘But she could hardly fail to see the point when McDonald expressed his discomfort at passing miscreants micturating in his minimalist letter box.’
- ‘When it was done I thought of the WW2 urinal decals that allowed one to micturate, forcefully, into the visage of an Axis leader.’
- ‘Is it normal for my cat to micturate on the carpet every time?’
- ‘Labour are therefore micturating into a demographic Force 10, not to mention sowing dragon's teeth.’
- ‘What's more, I knew for a fact he was not shy about micturating in public - a product, no doubt, of his European upbringing.’
Mid 19th century: back-formation from micturition, from Latin micturit- ‘urinated’, from the verb micturire.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.