A microscopic tubular structure present in numbers in the cytoplasm of cells, sometimes aggregating to form more complex structures.
- ‘The dynactin complex interacts with both microtubules and microfilaments.’
- ‘As in wild type, the cytoplasm of the cap cell has many microtubules organized parallel to the longitudinal axis of the organelle.’
- ‘It was assumed that each kinetochore remained attached to the tip of its microtubule throughout the duration of the simulation.’
- ‘The microtubules tie the chromosomes to the mitotic spindle during cell division.’
- ‘The front head attaches to a microtubule with a displacement toward the plus end of the microtubule.’