One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A microscopic tubular structure present in numbers in the cytoplasm of cells, sometimes aggregating to form more complex structures.
- ‘The front head attaches to a microtubule with a displacement toward the plus end of the microtubule.’
- ‘The microtubules tie the chromosomes to the mitotic spindle during cell division.’
- ‘The dynactin complex interacts with both microtubules and microfilaments.’
- ‘It was assumed that each kinetochore remained attached to the tip of its microtubule throughout the duration of the simulation.’
- ‘As in wild type, the cytoplasm of the cap cell has many microtubules organized parallel to the longitudinal axis of the organelle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.