One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The smaller of the two kinds of spore produced by some ferns.See also megaspore
- ‘The polarity of the micro-gametophyte (pollen grain) of flowering plants is related to the proximal-distal axis of the microspore from which it develops.’
- ‘They have male spores called microspores and female spores called megaspores.’
- ‘Both of these genera are heterosporous, meaning that each species produces two distinctly different types of spores: microspores and megaspores.’
- ‘Within the microsporangium, the microspores are embedded in a foamy mass that is dispersed as ‘floats’.’
- ‘The embryogenic process originated during anther culture may have different origins, for example, haploid cells such as microspores or pollen grains, or somatic cells from anther tissues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.