One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sporangium containing microspores.
- ‘The microsprophylls of cycads are arranged in strobili and bear clusters of microsporangia on their abaxial surface.’
- ‘Each anther has four microsporangia arranged in pairs in the two lobes.’
- ‘The pollen organs are synangia, each consisting of a ring of microsporangia united at their bases around a hollow center, a common feature among so called pteridosperms.’
- ‘In pollen cones, microsporangia are borne on a single bract without a trace of a second, subtending structure.’
- ‘Within the microsporangium, the microspores are embedded in a foamy mass that is dispersed as ‘floats’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.