A fragment of endoplasmic reticulum and attached ribosomes obtained by the centrifugation of homogenized cells.
- ‘These authors, by using differential and density-gradient centrifugation techniques, achieved the differentiation of the microbody fraction from lysosomes, microsomes, and mitochondria.’
- ‘Intact lysosomes, mitochondria and microsomes were isolated from RPE cells.’
- ‘Exposure of drug-sensitive tumor cells to doxorubicin or epirubicin results in the drugs being localized primarily within the nuclei, with much smaller amounts being localized in plasma membranes, microsomes, and the cytosol.’
- ‘The degradation of calf thymus DNA, an indicator of free iron existence, was observed in the reactions of microsomes obtained from control and baicalein-treated rats with ascorbic acid in the presence of bleomycin.’
- ‘We attempted to circumvent the need for microsomes by attempting a coupled transcription-translation-import system using freshly purified mitochondria instead of microsomes during the translation reaction.’