One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Protein was determined in both microsomal and cytosolic fractions using the Lowry procedure.’
- ‘These include cytosolic, mitochondrial, vacuolar, and particulate forms, with the particulate forms being further subdivided into those present in microsomal membranes, plasma membranes, and lipid bodies.’
- ‘Tests were performed with and without metabolic activation by the microsomal mixed function oxidase system.’
- ‘Nevertheless, slight increases in the sister chromatid exchanges frequencies have been found mainly in the absence of the S9 microsomal fraction in the in vitro assays.’
- ‘It was present in the cytosolic as well as microsomal fractions, and assays with a series of substrates indicated that the enzymes in the each compartment had a different specificity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.