One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was present in the cytosolic as well as microsomal fractions, and assays with a series of substrates indicated that the enzymes in the each compartment had a different specificity.’
- ‘Nevertheless, slight increases in the sister chromatid exchanges frequencies have been found mainly in the absence of the S9 microsomal fraction in the in vitro assays.’
- ‘These include cytosolic, mitochondrial, vacuolar, and particulate forms, with the particulate forms being further subdivided into those present in microsomal membranes, plasma membranes, and lipid bodies.’
- ‘Protein was determined in both microsomal and cytosolic fractions using the Lowry procedure.’
- ‘Tests were performed with and without metabolic activation by the microsomal mixed function oxidase system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.