One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small earthquake, less than 2 on the Richter scale.
earth tremor, tremor, convulsion, shock, foreshock, aftershockView synonyms
- ‘Scientists believed that microseisms are generated when the large ocean waves of hurricanes interfere or strike a coastline.’
- ‘Based on experimental data it is shown, that the hypothesis of resonant amplification of microseisms in the resonator between daylight surface and oil reservoir is more adequate.’
- ‘The microseisms are located and the data is used to create maps of the hydraulic fracture geometry.’
- ‘Collectively, these ocean microseisms have an annual cumulative seismic energy comparable to that generated from earthquakes, said Kedar.’
- ‘The phase velocities of microseisms recorded with an array of eight instruments are measured in four different locations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.