One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small earthquake, less than 2 on the Richter scale.
earth tremor, tremor, convulsion, shock, foreshock, aftershockView synonyms
- ‘Collectively, these ocean microseisms have an annual cumulative seismic energy comparable to that generated from earthquakes, said Kedar.’
- ‘The phase velocities of microseisms recorded with an array of eight instruments are measured in four different locations.’
- ‘Based on experimental data it is shown, that the hypothesis of resonant amplification of microseisms in the resonator between daylight surface and oil reservoir is more adequate.’
- ‘The microseisms are located and the data is used to create maps of the hydraulic fracture geometry.’
- ‘Scientists believed that microseisms are generated when the large ocean waves of hurricanes interfere or strike a coastline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.