Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A microinstruction program that controls the functions of a central processing unit or peripheral controller of a computer.
- ‘The second phase consists of transcribing these specifications into machine code microprograms and proving the ‘equivalence’ between the formal specifications and the machine microcodes.’
- ‘Whereas vertical microprograms are characterized by long sequences of narrow microwords, horizontal microprograms are characterized by short, intertwined sequences of wide micro-words.’
- ‘Guidance for reasonable values will be given in the comments of the microprogram that you plan to use.’
- ‘The CPU designer uses these microinstructions to write microprograms, which are stored in a special control memory.’
- ‘The collection of control words that implement an macroinstruction is called a microprogram, and the microprograms are stored in a memory element called the control store.’
- ‘The microprograms are a few hundred lines with almost no knowledge.’
Use microprogramming with (a computer); bring about by means of a microprogram.‘by 1980 virtually all computers were microprogrammed’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.