One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An integrated circuit that contains all the functions of a central processing unit of a computer.
- ‘The consumption per microprocessor increases while the number of microprocessors in use exponentially grows.’
- ‘By contrast, a traditional microprocessor would have had to run many iterations of the software to come up with the answer.’
- ‘The central microprocessor receives information from the autofocus system and the light meter.’
- ‘Logic circuits are wired together on silicon chips to make microprocessors and computers.’
- ‘The microprocessor is configured with a predecoder and an instruction cache.’
- ‘You need to go far back in time to remember a CPU microprocessor that was able to operate completely without a heat sink.’
- ‘A microprocessor determines a alternator condition as a function of the electrical output.’
- ‘Unfortunately, flash memories have relatively long access times compared to usual modern microprocessors.’
- ‘Computer chips are integrated circuits called microprocessors built up from transistors and other components.’
- ‘For example, when there's a cache miss, the execution unit is shut down, because the microprocessor knows it's not going to be used for a few cycles.’
- ‘These are the prices and the form of the runners and riders in the Intel stable of desktop performance microprocessors between January and June.’
- ‘As a result, microprocessors become more powerful and memory chips can store more data without growing in size.’
- ‘Shipments of microprocessors, motherboards, and chipsets all declined.’
- ‘Transistors are the tiny switches in microprocessors that process the ones and zeros of the digital world.’
- ‘SRC has created systems that are composed of DEL processors and microprocessors.’
- ‘The cpu is the central processing unit that contains a microprocessor.’
- ‘The only way this could have happened is by someone granting him a patent on a microprocessor years after microprocessors have been invented and companies formed to make them.’
- ‘In a traditional architecture, this requires an action and overhead from the microprocessor each time data is moved.’
- ‘The spotlight for this year's five-day exhibition falls squarely on microprocessors for personal computers.’
- ‘Despite a common misconception, microprocessors are not single-chip computers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.