One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An integrated circuit that contains all the functions of a central processing unit of a computer.
- ‘Shipments of microprocessors, motherboards, and chipsets all declined.’
- ‘Transistors are the tiny switches in microprocessors that process the ones and zeros of the digital world.’
- ‘By contrast, a traditional microprocessor would have had to run many iterations of the software to come up with the answer.’
- ‘SRC has created systems that are composed of DEL processors and microprocessors.’
- ‘The central microprocessor receives information from the autofocus system and the light meter.’
- ‘These are the prices and the form of the runners and riders in the Intel stable of desktop performance microprocessors between January and June.’
- ‘The spotlight for this year's five-day exhibition falls squarely on microprocessors for personal computers.’
- ‘A microprocessor determines a alternator condition as a function of the electrical output.’
- ‘The microprocessor is configured with a predecoder and an instruction cache.’
- ‘Unfortunately, flash memories have relatively long access times compared to usual modern microprocessors.’
- ‘You need to go far back in time to remember a CPU microprocessor that was able to operate completely without a heat sink.’
- ‘The cpu is the central processing unit that contains a microprocessor.’
- ‘Computer chips are integrated circuits called microprocessors built up from transistors and other components.’
- ‘The consumption per microprocessor increases while the number of microprocessors in use exponentially grows.’
- ‘Despite a common misconception, microprocessors are not single-chip computers.’
- ‘As a result, microprocessors become more powerful and memory chips can store more data without growing in size.’
- ‘The only way this could have happened is by someone granting him a patent on a microprocessor years after microprocessors have been invented and companies formed to make them.’
- ‘For example, when there's a cache miss, the execution unit is shut down, because the microprocessor knows it's not going to be used for a few cycles.’
- ‘Logic circuits are wired together on silicon chips to make microprocessors and computers.’
- ‘In a traditional architecture, this requires an action and overhead from the microprocessor each time data is moved.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.