One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chemical element or substance required in trace amounts for the normal growth and development of living organisms.
- ‘While rice is able to provide adequate energy, it has an incomplete amino acid profile and contains limited amounts of micronutrients.’
- ‘Chromium is an essential micronutrient for humans.’
- ‘However, what are known as micronutrients - vitamins and trace elements - can poison if taken in excessive quantities.’
- ‘Zinc is an essential micronutrient for plants, humans, and other animals.’
- ‘This has not only led to a substantial reduction in fibre content in the diet but also, possibly, the content of micronutrients such as vitamin B-complex, zinc and chromium.’
- ‘In these conditions, deficiencies of other micronutrients such as vitamins and other trace elements may also be associated.’
- ‘Although copper is an essential micronutrient and is required by the body in very small amounts, excess copper in the human body can cause stomach and intestinal distress such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach cramps.’
- ‘Vitamins are considered micronutrients because the body needs them in small amounts compared with other nutrients, such as carbohydrates, protein, fat, and water.’
- ‘Before we address the issue surrounding ZMA, let's get an overview on why copper is an essential micronutrient for bodybuilders.’
- ‘Considerable nitrogen, phosphorus, and some micronutrients are released from organic matter as it is oxidized or decays.’
- ‘The third group of essential elements are called micronutrients because they are required by the plant in small amounts.’
- ‘In addition to the macronutrients, plants also require smaller amounts of micronutrients to grow properly.’
- ‘Plants require a range of transition metals as essential micronutrients for normal growth and development.’
- ‘Copper is an essential micronutrient for most living organisms since it is the constituent of many metalloenzymes and proteins involved in electron transport, redox and other important reactions.’
- ‘Though selenium is an essential micronutrient for humans and other mammals, too much of it can harm people and animals alike.’
- ‘The influence of micronutrients on the development of P toxicity is also reported.’
- ‘It has long been known that the rare transition element molybdenum is an essential micronutrient for plants, animals and micro-organisms.’
- ‘Copper is an essential micronutrient for both plants and animals.’
- ‘The dietary intake of carbohydrate, protein, lipids, micronutrients and phytochemicals will change based on the dietetic habits of the population.’
- ‘The other nutrients, referred to as micronutrients, are required in very small amounts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.