One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small sum of money lent at low interest to a new business.‘the company is offering microloans in the hospitality industry’
- ‘They lifted millions of people from poverty with micro loans.’
- ‘She starts a weaving business with a microloan and uses the profits to pay for nursing school.’
- ‘She received a microloan to start a business growing and selling fruit and vegetables.’
- ‘The goal is to help the community be self-sustainable, in part, by establishing a church, a school, and a microloan program.’
- ‘She got a microloan to start a weaving business with her mother.’
- ‘We were able to get a micro-loan, which paid for a kitchen on the premises.’
- ‘He contributed LD$1 million for the establishment of a microloan program.’
- ‘The association provides micro loans for looms and other equipment.’
- ‘The majority of borrowers are landless rural women, and a typical micro loan might be used for the purchase of a cow.’
- ‘She got a micro-loan and she set up a sewing shop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.