One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(of a cancerous growth) invasive at a microscopic level.
- ‘Histopathologic examination of the lung showed microinvasive carcinoma at two different sites.’
- ‘In situ or microinvasive cancers in the central airways are not usually seen on CT.’
- ‘In addition, CT scan is not sensitive for detection of superficial, preinvasive / microinvasive cancers in the central airways.’
- ‘A 35-year-old woman with a palpable mass in the right breast underwent a lumpectomy that showed a microinvasive carcinoma amid ductal carcinoma in situ of the comedo type.’
- ‘Criteria for microinvasive adenocarcinomas have not been established.’
2Denoting or relating to techniques and procedures that minimize the extent of surgical intervention.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.