Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A single instruction in microcode.
- ‘One can also use the Automate button, which executes microinstructions at the speed of 1 per second.’
- ‘The Microprogram Control Unit then issues a microinstruction that has a leading edge on the IR clock.’
- ‘Some flexibility can be gained by adding one microinstruction to the interpreter to use indirect threaded code.’
- ‘The set of microinstructions that made up a full instruction set was called the microprogram, or microcode.’
- ‘On the average, five microinstructions are assumed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.