Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A single instruction in microcode.
- ‘The Microprogram Control Unit then issues a microinstruction that has a leading edge on the IR clock.’
- ‘The set of microinstructions that made up a full instruction set was called the microprogram, or microcode.’
- ‘On the average, five microinstructions are assumed.’
- ‘Some flexibility can be gained by adding one microinstruction to the interpreter to use indirect threaded code.’
- ‘One can also use the Automate button, which executes microinstructions at the speed of 1 per second.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.