One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inject (something) into a microscopic object.
- ‘‘Assisted fertilization involves microinjecting spermatozoa directly into eggs,’ says Masahito Ikawa, a postdoctoral fellow in Verma's lab and the first author on the study.’
- ‘A Tol2 clone marked with the bacterial tetracycline-resistance gene was microinjected into fertilized eggs together with a target plasmid, and the plasmid was recovered from embryos.’
- ‘Each oocyte was microinjected with 40 nl of cRNA solution.’
- ‘In some experiments, oocytes were microinjected with salt solution immediately before recordings.’
- ‘Speckled images of such polymer structures are obtained by microinjecting low amounts of labeled monomers into cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.