One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A habitat which is of small or limited extent and which differs in character from some surrounding more extensive habitat.
- ‘Stepwise logistic regression and the log-likelihood ratio were used to determine how well Aki trees and controls can be predicted given the microhabitat and tree characteristic variables that we measured.’
- ‘The habitat of S. lineatus can be divided into microhabitats differing in vegetation structure, which determines the amount of solar radiation penetrating the vegetation.’
- ‘Although variations in relief on the rocky outcrops provide a myriad of microhabitats, habitat preference of these geophytes is dependent upon the mat species.’
- ‘Many species of crabs and lobsters, for example, are limited to specific microhabitats due to behavioral constraints: they require rocky areas with crevices for protection from predators and for mate guarding during breeding.’
- ‘The slope of the regression equation was significantly higher for the risky microhabitat than the safe microhabitat, a result consistent with the prediction for digestibility reducers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.