One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A habitat which is of small or limited extent and which differs in character from some surrounding more extensive habitat.
- ‘The habitat of S. lineatus can be divided into microhabitats differing in vegetation structure, which determines the amount of solar radiation penetrating the vegetation.’
- ‘Although variations in relief on the rocky outcrops provide a myriad of microhabitats, habitat preference of these geophytes is dependent upon the mat species.’
- ‘Many species of crabs and lobsters, for example, are limited to specific microhabitats due to behavioral constraints: they require rocky areas with crevices for protection from predators and for mate guarding during breeding.’
- ‘The slope of the regression equation was significantly higher for the risky microhabitat than the safe microhabitat, a result consistent with the prediction for digestibility reducers.’
- ‘Stepwise logistic regression and the log-likelihood ratio were used to determine how well Aki trees and controls can be predicted given the microhabitat and tree characteristic variables that we measured.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.