One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Pathologic findings included cell loss, gliosis, vacuolization, microglial cell proliferation, and perivascular lymphocytic infiltrates; the most severely affected regions were the gray matter of the cervical and lumbar cord.’
- ‘Lesions in the cerebral hemispheres and brainstem included perivascular lymphocytes in leptomeninges and parenchyma, with scattered microglial nodules in gray and white matter.’
- ‘Glial nodules, also called Babes nodes, consist of a small focus of lymphocytes and microglial cells centered on a neuron, and there is often evidence of neuronophagia.’
- ‘Pathologically, inflammation of the spinal cord meninges is coupled with varying degrees of underlying spinal necrosis, demyelination, and microglial influx.’
- ‘The nitration and oxidation injury from the microglial proinflammatory response promotes a vicious cycle of continued oxidative neural injury and microglial activation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.