One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fungus in which no sexual process has been observed or in which the reproductive organs are microscopic.
- ‘Today, there are four lineages of the microfungus, and each is associated with a particular ant-fungi system.’
- ‘In conclusion, true fungi (plant pathogenic microfungi, mushrooms) and fungal-like organisms (slime molds) offer an interesting and often overlooked explanation for some UFO landing ring cases.’
- ‘Researchers are now running tests to see whether widespread application of the microfungus is practical.’
- ‘The search for the right microfungus started with the testing of more than 300 varieties.’
- ‘Fungal endophytes are microfungi that inhabit living plants, but which are cryptic and asymptomatic in their hosts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.