Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Bacteria and microscopic algae and fungi, especially those living in a particular site or habitat.
- ‘In areas where soils are infertile, native plants and soil microflora that are critical to plant survival often rely on intact biological crusts to provide sufficient water and nutrient flow.’
- ‘Only use newspaper text pages (black ink); color dyes may be harmful to soil microflora and fauna if composted and used.’
- ‘‘The problem is, these microflora are very difficult to replace in the current environment,’ says Trenev.’
- ‘Similarly, the relationship between the overall diet and composition of the microflora awaits further clarification using modern microbiological techniques.’
- ‘In a preferred embodiment, the process produces microflora having a cell aggregate size less than about 150 microns useful for the production of food products for use in aquaculture.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.