One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One millionth of a farad. (Symbol: μF).
- ‘Start capacitors have much higher ranges and can be purchased in sizes all the way up to 800 microfarads.’
- ‘If desired, that value can now be converted to microfarads by moving the decimal point six places to the left.’
- ‘Paper capacitors usually range in value from about 300 picofarads to about 4 microfarads.’
- ‘Capacitance values range between 47 microfarads and 1,500 microfarads with ESR as low as 6 milliohms.’
- ‘Using equal capacitance of 12 to 16 microfarads per horsepower should result in a satisfactory balance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.