One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Neo-darwinian theory posits that the genetic basis for speciation is not qualitatively different from that underlying microevolutionary change within populations.’
- ‘Similarly, microevolutionary explanations may not provide a sufficient account of macroevolution, even if such reductionism were justifiable in principle.’
- ‘First, genes expressed predominantly in males and the male germ line, and thus often subject to accelerated microevolutionary divergence, may be most likely to be deregulated in hybrids.’
- ‘Thus, adaptation-oriented studies of characters have expanded from microevolutionary studies of function and fitness to include macroevolutionary studies of phylogenetic patterns.’
- ‘To apply phylogenetic reasoning to questions about species status requires broadening of simple principles when microevolutionary processes may result in true differences among gene phylogenies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.