One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cosmetic treatment in which the face is sprayed with exfoliant crystals to remove dead epidermal cells.
- ‘In cases of severe acne scars, Dr. Davis recommends microdermabrasion, a procedure that removes the outer layer of dead skin cells to gradually fade the scars.’
- ‘Then there are chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser hair removal, and the popular wrinkle filler, collagen.’
- ‘For men in their 30s and 40s, that increasingly means chemical peels, Botox and microdermabrasion, the top three non-surgical procedures.’
- ‘Laser treatments, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, collagen and Botox injections, light therapy and even medical acupuncture are being offered at a growing number of spas.’
- ‘There's no crystal residue on the face, the treatment is less painful than traditional crystal microdermabrasion, and it leaves a nice, smooth finish, especially on thin, sensitive skin.’
- ‘Eliminate the buildup of dead surface cells that dull skin with a mask or microdermabrasion (use the right products for your skin type and special needs).’
- ‘It may be a relative newcomer to the cosmetic surgery lexicon, but microdermabrasion is already on the lips of millions of women and men worldwide.’
- ‘Silverman, who performs microdermabrasion at his office, says it is a good method for exfoliation and ‘things that exfoliate are good for inconsistencies,’ such as stretch marks.’
- ‘According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, the most popular procedures for men are Botox injections, hair transplantation, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and liposuction.’
- ‘Collagen injection followed laser hair removal, microdermabrasion and chemical peel in the non-surgical overall category.’
- ‘These days, Grace is working to undo the damage done by the sun's harsh rays, treatments involving microdermabrasion and chemical peels.’
- ‘And what you were recommended to have done was microdermabrasion, which is one of the lightest forms.’
- ‘Not that you guys don't need microdermabrasion to give your skin a more even and youthful appearance, but no matter what I say, you're not going to try it, so I'll leave you to your scaly dermis.’
- ‘Among nonsurgical procedures, Botox injections top the list, followed by microdermabrasion, collagen injections, laser hair removal and chemical peels.’
- ‘‘It's an alternative to chemical peels or microdermabrasion,’ said Gobbo.’
- ‘Avoid any type of skin trauma this week, such as waxing, laser treatments, microdermabrasion and facials.’
- ‘If, despite your best efforts, you develop a bad case of marks, it's wise to do your homework and check out the credentials and references of anyone who is proposing to perform laser surgery, microdermabrasion or any other procedure.’
- ‘Other ancillary treatments that are gaining popularity are microdermabrasion for acne scarring; laser hair removal for back, chest, and hairline; treatment of telangiectases (spider veins and capillaries).’
- ‘Be your own cosmetic dermatologist and get flawless, even-toned skin with microdermabrasion.’
- ‘Men tend to opt for nonsurgical procedures like fat injections, Botox injections and microdermabrasion that allow them to return to work very quickly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.