One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a material) formed of microscopic crystals.
- ‘Associated minerals include pyrophyllite, lazulite, quartz, various brightly colored iron oxides, barite, and a suite of microcrystalline phosphates.’
- ‘Finally, the whole surface is protected with a microcrystalline wax containing a corrosion inhibitor.’
- ‘The very last fluorite to crystallize left a dusting of microcrystalline snow-white material occupying most of the tight junctures where quartz crystals come together.’
- ‘This difference is due to the fact that most volcanic rocks are microcrystalline or partly glassy, and thus it is more difficult to classify them by their mineralogical composition.’
- ‘The extent of change, however, varies considerably, depending on the type of microcrystalline stone and on the heat treatment procedures used.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.