A very low-level instruction set that is stored permanently in a computer or peripheral controller and controls the operation of the device.
- ‘The SteelVine embedded microcode supports features like disk-to-disk copy and rebuild, packet cyclic redundancy checks and generation, hot-plug and asynchronous event notification.’
- ‘For seamless upgrades, enterprise libraries now allow for new drives to be attached and library microcode to be loaded while the library is running.’
- ‘I could have picked on any program-handling program such as an assembler, a loader, or even hardware microcode.’
- ‘It is also imperative that all drives in your library are running on the same microcode to eliminate any cross-programming issues.’
- ‘Reliability also has to do with how well the microcode for controlling the hardware and host interface is tested and proven.’