One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Circulation of the blood in the smallest blood vessels.
- ‘Furthermore, it may be a contributing factor in understanding the thrombosis process in the collagen-rich microcirculation and venous structures, and it may explain why some vessels thrombose and others do not.’
- ‘As electric stimulation continued for weeks or months, microcirculation improved, which may have resulted in improved outcomes.’
- ‘The ingredient, he says, also improves microcirculation of tiny skin capillaries, supporting better oxygen and nutrient supply and better hydration, which work together to give skin a healthy look and vibrant glow.’
- ‘Neutrophils are known to be held up in the pulmonary microcirculation under normal circumstances since, because of their size, they have to deform to negotiate the smaller pulmonary capillary segments.’
- ‘This leads to edema and altered microcirculation in the skin, which results in impaired healing.’
- ‘If alveolar clearance is faster than the rate of removing interstitial liquid by lung microcirculation, hydration of the interstitium increases and a back flux may occur that redirects more and more liquid to alveoli over time.’
- ‘Aside from making you look like a cut-price superhero, the eye mask massages your temples, stimulating nerves to ‘improve microcirculation and reduce stress’.’
- ‘We recently used a computational network model of the pulmonary microcirculation to estimate pressure drops in the lung.’
- ‘It may also improve microcirculation and reduce platelet aggregation.’
- ‘Although this study is unable to clarify the mechanisms further, alterations at the level of microcirculation within individual organs are likely to play a role under these conditions.’
- ‘Injection of Salvia miltiorrhizae could dilate the blood vessels and improve microcirculation.’
- ‘It also considers blood flow, arterial disease, and microcirculation.’
- ‘Remodeling of systemic airway microcirculation, as studied in tracheal whole-mount preparations, revealed an allergen-induced increase in both the diameter and length of the airway microvessels.’
- ‘A weakening of the connection between the epidermis and dermis also reduces shearing and blistering thresholds, decreases communication between the dermis and epidermis, and reduces microcirculation to the epidermis.’
- ‘Measurement of the retinal arterioles offers a non-invasive means to evaluate systemic associations of the human microcirculation in vivo.’
- ‘Salvia not only restores normal microcirculation, but normalizes blood viscosity from other factors, as well.’
- ‘The authors speculate that HVPC reverses wound area expansion and increases microcirculation by release of nitric oxide in the microenvironment.’
- ‘Several botanical extracts have been shown to improve microcirculation, capillary flow, and vascular tone, and to strengthen the connective tissue of the perivascular amorphous substrate.’
- ‘The gel is applied topically to mobilize the fatty acids (stored body fat) and improve microcirculation and drainage in the applied area.’
- ‘Consequently, in each roundtrip from the lungs to the tissues the vast majority of cells escape the narrow vessels of the microcirculation before any significant polymerization has begun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.