One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small mobile phone base station connected to the phone network via the Internet, typically used to improve mobile phone reception within a particular area.‘to shift the burden on its network to the Internet, the company is selling microcells to its cellphone customers, to install in their homes’
- ‘The microcell has allowed me to cut my land line down to local only.’
- ‘I have the microcell and it is great.’
- ‘Recall, I live in an area with no usable signal, hence the microcell.’
- ‘But microwave backhaul is now becoming essential for linking microcells, which cover just a block or two.’
- ‘This comes on top of in flight cellphone service, in which essentially a microcell is established inside the aircraft, and where your phone "roams" from your home network to that inside the plane.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.