One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small web browser for use with mobile phones and other handheld devices.
- ‘More important, WAP microbrowsers are configured to use less memory and CPU power, thus extending the battery life of a mobile device.’
- ‘Over the next few months, AOL and Sony will develop a ‘gateway’ device that will link all the home machines, as well as an AOL microbrowser to navigate all of Sony's connected devices from handheld computers to camcorders.’
- ‘With Mobile Explorer they can take a thin client approach to the market and be successful, but Microsoft will depend on the services it can offer at the server end to retain control of the microbrowser.’
- ‘Note, too, how a microbrowser is starting to inflate into a whole platform, without Microsoft getting too specific about underlying operating systems.’
- ‘Stnc wrote the microbrowser used by Psion / Symbian, and when Microsoft needed a microbrowser, it bought the company.’
- ‘At the moment Microsoft is pitching its microbrowser at these, and reserving CE for more powerful devices, but that won't be the case forever, and there's probably a lot more that we can't see going on under the covers.’
- ‘They use microbrowsers (in the study's case, both were WAP 1.1 compliant) to view and manipulate content.’
- ‘Whatever the protocol, almost all handheld devices will eventually work with some sort of microbrowser that's optimized for mobile communications.’
- ‘‘If they figure out a way to make money in this business, I want to buy them dinner,’ says Robert O'Hara, Microsoft's product unit manager for microbrowsers.’
- ‘The Xpedio Content Publisher enables users to publish content to WML standards that are specific to mobile phone microbrowsers.’
- ‘They also showcased their embedded Linux GUI and microbrowser (mBrowser).’
- ‘Well yes, it might use Symbian and it might not have Microsoft's microbrowser in it but, er, it's able to work with PCs running Microsoft software.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.