One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of science that deals with microorganisms.
- ‘Her PhD in microbiology and mathematics let her do this rather easily.’
- ‘Look at several examples including, chemistry, hematology, coagulation and microbiology.’
- ‘Hers is in microbiology and his is in electrical engineering.’
- ‘It takes physics and microbiology to a very new and exciting level - one that can help patients with chronic illnesses.’
- ‘Students at Aberdeen University's Institute of Medical Sciences are carrying out vital research in microbiology and on a wide range of diseases.’
- ‘Her uncle had become quite a genius with bacteria and microbiology as gross as the subject is.’
- ‘In both cases the new science of microbiology, with its emphasis on contact and borders, met the needs of a particular historical moment.’
- ‘Modern arguments are extremely technical, involving microbiology and mathematical logic.’
- ‘The award was given to him in recognition of his services to the industry including a number of key inventions that have furthered the science of microbiology worldwide.’
- ‘This concept has been expanded to include other areas of medicine including microbiology and genetic engineering.’
- ‘It offers a number of challenges in hematology and clinical microscopy, chemistry, and microbiology and immunology.’
- ‘But is education limited to calculus, literature, microbiology, and quantum physics?’
- ‘If my own educational journey was to start again I would hope to fit in some astronomy and microbiology.’
- ‘As someone with a background in microbiology, I am well aware of the various bacteria, mycotoxins and other natural but detrimental elements that may be found in our food.’
- ‘I accept that MRSA is an urgent issue, but attempts to make microbiology a political issue are the arguments of the politically desperate.’
- ‘He holds a B.S. in microbiology and an M.S. in biomedical engineering.’
- ‘He took a degree in microbiology and then a PhD in aquatic biology at Durham University before joining the water authority as a scientist.’
- ‘His fields of study included microbiology, engineering, and computer science.’
- ‘Pasteur's findings helped established a new branch of science - microbiology.’
- ‘A higher management span of control in microbiology was associated with identification of bacteria to the genus and species level.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.