One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of science that deals with microorganisms.
- ‘Her PhD in microbiology and mathematics let her do this rather easily.’
- ‘Pasteur's findings helped established a new branch of science - microbiology.’
- ‘It offers a number of challenges in hematology and clinical microscopy, chemistry, and microbiology and immunology.’
- ‘I accept that MRSA is an urgent issue, but attempts to make microbiology a political issue are the arguments of the politically desperate.’
- ‘He holds a B.S. in microbiology and an M.S. in biomedical engineering.’
- ‘His fields of study included microbiology, engineering, and computer science.’
- ‘Her uncle had become quite a genius with bacteria and microbiology as gross as the subject is.’
- ‘But is education limited to calculus, literature, microbiology, and quantum physics?’
- ‘He took a degree in microbiology and then a PhD in aquatic biology at Durham University before joining the water authority as a scientist.’
- ‘It takes physics and microbiology to a very new and exciting level - one that can help patients with chronic illnesses.’
- ‘Look at several examples including, chemistry, hematology, coagulation and microbiology.’
- ‘A higher management span of control in microbiology was associated with identification of bacteria to the genus and species level.’
- ‘Hers is in microbiology and his is in electrical engineering.’
- ‘This concept has been expanded to include other areas of medicine including microbiology and genetic engineering.’
- ‘The award was given to him in recognition of his services to the industry including a number of key inventions that have furthered the science of microbiology worldwide.’
- ‘In both cases the new science of microbiology, with its emphasis on contact and borders, met the needs of a particular historical moment.’
- ‘As someone with a background in microbiology, I am well aware of the various bacteria, mycotoxins and other natural but detrimental elements that may be found in our food.’
- ‘If my own educational journey was to start again I would hope to fit in some astronomy and microbiology.’
- ‘Modern arguments are extremely technical, involving microbiology and mathematical logic.’
- ‘Students at Aberdeen University's Institute of Medical Sciences are carrying out vital research in microbiology and on a wide range of diseases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.